And now for the dumbest part of our week…
Media Matters researcher makes really boring observation about ‘Scandal’
5. “I am eight episodes into the second season of Scandal. Am I not supposed to think President Grant is The Worst? Because he seems to be.” — Matthew Gertz, research director, Media Matters, who should maybe stick to watching Fox News, the FX O.J. series or just anything besides ‘Scandal.’
This one squarely falls under the umbrella of: WHO CARES?
4. “So far the Washington Metro shutdown hasn’t affected me at all.” — WSJ‘s James Taranto.
Vox.com journalist begs Twitter to help her resist gorging on pizza
3. “My big win tonight? Did not let myself eat a 3rd piece of pizza in the office. Twitter, please help me stay strong.” — Allison Rockey, director of programming, Vox.com.
Thank God for Twitter: Ezra Klein eats two slices of pizza
2. I ate a Chopt salad right before I came to the office and then two slices of pizza — Vox.com editor-in-chief Ezra Klein.
And the winner: Matthew Yglesias makes a really dumb observation
1. “Pizza is good.” — Vox.com managing editor Matthew Yglesias.
This feature would not feel complete without something from National Journal‘s Ron Fournier. Though he isn’t worthy of making the official list this week, here’s an honorable mention: “Just saw a deer and fox run past my home. Is this the end of times?”