Entertainment

Post Malone Apologizes For Driving Around Las Vegas In A Humvee With A Mounted Machine Gun

(Photo by Isaac Brekken/Getty Images for CBS Radio Inc.)

Jack Wisniewski Contributor

Rapper Post Malone tweeted his apology for posting a video of him cruising through Vegas in an armed humvee on Thursday.

“This is how you do Vegas my boy,” the 22-year-old rapper said as he sat atop the military jeep in the video, which he posted Wednesday night.

Many thought the video was disrespectful in light of the October concert shooting which injured 851 and killed 58, making it the deadliest mass shooting in US history.

Others were more compassionate with Malone.

Sure, it might be insensitive for someone to flaunt firearms in such close proximity to one of America’s worst shootings in recent memory, but do we need to suck the fun out of some harmless stunt? The gun is even fake, Malone says.

I doubt I’m the only one to absolutely see themselves going for a joyride in a humvee along the Vegas Strip if the I had the chance, so I praise Malone for his pragmatic approach to this opportunity.

Besides, this isn’t Malone’s first social media post with a gun in it, and it probably won’t be his last.

sundance

A post shared by Posty (@postmalone) on

Plenty of others didn’t care for the context of the video at all and rather pressured Malone to release his highly anticipated album, Beerbongs & Bentleys, which he delayed from the previously expected release date last December, according to Billboard.

 

So far, the only single from the album, Rockstar, currently sits at No. 4 on the Billboard Hot 100 after 18 weeks on the chart.