Chelsea Handler Rings In Presidents Day — By Thanking Trump?
Comedian Chelsea Handler kicked off her own personal celebration of Presidents Day by delivering a thank-you tweet to President Donald Trump and his entire family.
“On Presidents Day, I’d like to thank the Trump family for my awakening,” Handler tweeted on Monday. “It drove me to see a psychiatrist, unwrap my own personal injuries, write a book and film a documentary on white privilege. I am awake because of this presidency, and I choose to stay that way.”
On Presidents Day, I’d like to thank the Trump family for my awakening. It drove me to see a psychiatrist, unwrap my own personal injuries, write a book, and film a documentary on white privilege. I am awake because of this presidency, and I choose to stay that way.
— Chelsea Handler (@chelseahandler) February 18, 2019
Handler has been very open — and quite vocal — about her hatred for this president and his entire family throughout his presidency. (RELATED: Chelsea Handler Choose National ‘Coming Out’ Day To Imply That Lindsey Graham Is ‘Closeted’)
- She argued without evidence that Trump “should just be arrested.”
- She speculated that first lady Melania Trump wrote the infamous New York Times op-ed.
- She questioned whether Ivanka Trump is really a girl.
- She predicted Donald Trump Jr. would “flip” on his father.
- She suggested females in the Trump administration should be “locked in cages.”
Handler started off the Trump presidency with a bang as well, tearfully explaining that she really had wanted to move to Spain after his election but ultimately decided not to because “that’s just what the people who gave this hateful message want us to do, and we’re not going to do it.”