Entertainment

Third Osundairo Brother Speaks Out On Smollett Case

REUTERS/Kamil Krzaczynski

A third Osundairo brother spoke out Wednesday on the Jussie Smollett case after a local television reporter tracked him down.

The unnamed and previously unidentified third brother said that he was happy after charges were dropped against the “Empire” actor. (RELATED: Chicago Mayor Says Charges Against Smollett Were Dropped ‘Because He’s An Actor’)

CBS Chicago reporter Charlie De Mar was able to track the man down and was able to obtain comment.


I’m happy for him. That’s a good thing,” the man said. “I’m happy for everyone.”

The man declined to comment on whether or not he believed his brothers’ story.

“They can speak on their own,” he said.

The man demonstrated a nonchalant attitude regarding the impact of the events on his family. (RELATED: Brothers Allegedly Hired To Stage Smollett Hate Crime Break Silence)

“It’s okay though, it’s good,” he said before walking away.

Abel and Ola Osundairo allegedly beat up Smollett, put a noose around his neck and yelled, “This is MAGA country!” Smollett is alleged to have paid the Nigerian-born brothers $3,500 to help stage the attack in order to gain sympathy and help his career.

Smollett has continued to maintain his innocence, and charges against him were officially dropped Tuesday.

Follow William Davis on Twitter