America’s White Vegans Are Degrading Black Lives Matter Now, You Guys

Shutterstock DayOwl, Yuri Shevtsov

Wealthy white Americans who do not eat meat, dairy products or anything else derived from animals are failing to support minority groups and valuing the lives of livestock more than the Black Lives Matter, according to an op-ed in The Daily Texan, the student newspaper at the University of Texas at Austin.

The author of the 558-word jeremiad against “homogeneous,” “pale-skinned” and “definitely white” American veganism is Audrey Larcher.

The “cruelty-free culture of wealth, privilege and exclusivity” inherent to veganism in the United States “is a ‘white thing,'” the privileged student at one of America’s most notable taxpayer-funded universities explains,

Also, American vegans don’t appreciate foods from other countries like, say, India.

And “grocers that cater to white vegans” charge prices that “suggest profit is their primary motivation,” the student on a college campus with an annual budget of approximately $2.66 billion says she has determined.

And then Larcher gets to the very heart of the matter.

“Most vegan communities offer no sympathy to victims of racism, appropriating minorities’ struggles to advance their own cause,” she admonishes. “Black Lives Matter is degraded to a distraction from chicken and cow lives, and equating America’s chattel slavery to the agriculture industry’s “imprisonment” of animals is commonplace.”

“Vegans must make plant-based diets accessible to everyone,” Larcher then declares.

“The first step in making a more inclusive veganism would be to stop acting so bourgeoisie.”

Larcher meant to write “bourgeois” in chiding white vegans here, not “bourgeoisie.” The French word “bourgeois” can be an adjective or, if describing a single person, a noun. However, “bourgeoisie” means an entire class of people and is only a noun.

In any case, Larcher implores white vegans to focus on solving global hunger — without the benefit of meat — and to “promote sustainable and compassionate diets for the world” by being “intersectional.”

“Our struggles are intersectional,” she insists.

The term “intersectionality” means the study of links — “intersections” — between different forms of oppression and discrimination. The idea is to bind different groups of fringe activists together. Frequently, however, the concept leads to friction because various fringe activists accuse others of putting insufficient focus on their particular, obscure causes. (RELATED: The Dictionary Of The Modern Campus Activist)

Follow Eric on TwitterLike Eric on Facebook. Send education-related story tips to erico@dailycaller.com.