Rapper 50 Cent responded to the backlash he faced after he mocked Terry Crews’ sexual assault claims.
“I would never make fun of any sexual assault victim. I wasn’t looking at Terry Crews that way at that point. I was looking at the Hulk,” the 43-year-old rapper explained during his appearance on “The View” Tuesday when he was asked what he learned from the experience.
“When a male in here now, if you asked them ‘if someone touched them without them, their consent’ would they go ‘yo what you doing?’ Nothing more, but ‘what you doing,'” he asked the co-hosts.
“And in the Senate when he was talking about it he said he didn’t even respond by doing that,” the rapper continued.
When Whoopi Goldberg explained that Crews didn’t respond because he was in “shock” after someone allegedly came up to him and grabbed him, the rapper admitted he “would not be prepared for that either.”
Last month, the “Deadpool 2” star testified in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee to advocate for the Sexual Assault Survivors’ Bill of Rights, talking about his alleged ordeal at the hands of a Hollywood agent in 2016.
In the since-deleted posts, the rapper — born Curtis Jackson — noted Crew’s size and said if it had happened to himself, he would have grabbed the strap (a slang word for gun).
“LOL, What the f*** is going on out here man?” 50 Cent wrote. “Terry: l froze in fear, they would have had to take me to jail. Get the strap.”
The post also included a shirtless pictures of the actor that read, “I got raped,” and “my wife just watched.” A second shot showed the actor holding a rose in his mouth with the words “gym time.”
50 Cent makes light of Terry Crew’s sexual assault claims on Instagram. pic.twitter.com/apZbobdy25
— Pop Crave (@PopCrave) June 27, 2018